I am in the middle of a lovely and busy week. Heather of the Texas Worm Ranch and I teamed up for a class on Tuesday. We had a sweet, small group of ladies who enjoyed a wonderful herb themed lunch. Those recipes will be posted later. First, I need to post the recipe I made for the White Rock local market Go Texan cooking demo. This was a great recipe and it was so much fun cooking for the patrons of our market.
Talk about simple and tasty! This comes from the blog- The Spiced Life.com
For the basil, I substituted lemon basil and holy basil
Cucumber and Peach Salad
- 3 medium cucumbers, peeled if the skin is thick and sliced into rounds
- 4 medium peaches (ours were small so I used more), cut into chunks
- 1 small red onion, very thinly sliced
- 2 T extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ c cider vinegar
- 1 T water
- 1 T agave syrup, or to taste
- 1 T finely chopped sweet basil
- 1 T finely chopped fresh mint
- Pinch of salt
- Place the onion slices in a bowl with cold water to calm the onion fumes down. Set aside for 10 minutes while you prep the other veggies.
- Whisk together the water, oil, vinegar, agave and salt. Add the chopped herbs and whisk. Taste for more agave, salt or even vinegar.
- Place the cucumbers and peaches together in a large bowl. Drain the onion slices and add them. Then toss everything with the dressing.
Give it a try- you will be glad you did!